Minnesota Vikings Seventh Round 2020 NFL Draft Picks

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
hk395cl6ynpymmcwpjak

"I'm excited to be a part of the Vikings organization," said Hinton, who noted he can play guard or center. "They've been talking to me since November. I'm really glad they drafted me. I think I'll fit in just well with the offense.

"The area scouts that come through all the schools … they'll come through and they'll look at your film and they'll talk to you personally and things like that … they were the first ones on me and that really meant that they wanted me and things like that," Hinton added. "And I think they were really part of why I got into the NFL."

Hinton played 40 games for the Ichabods, including 34 starts on the offensive line. He was a four-time all-MIAA selection and was a three-time All-American selection.

Hinton caught an 8-yard touchdown pass as a senior in his final college game, which was his first-career reception. He participated in the NFLPA Bowl Game in January.

"That was a big confidence booster for me and a confidence booster for NFL teams to see I could hang with D-I talent and things like that," Hinton said. "It showed I could play at the next level.

"You watch big SEC games and think, 'I could handle that guy,' but it's different when you can actually show yourself that you can do it," Hinton added.

Hinton was also a star in track and field, as he earned Second-Team All-American honors by finishing ninth in the discus at the Division II NCAA Indoor Championships. He holds the school record in the weight throw, and the top eight overall throws indoors. Hinton exceled outdoors as well, as he holds the school record and the top six throws there.

"[Discus] is one of these I really like," Hinton said. "The throwing program at Washburn is really good."

Hinton's selection meant a Washburn player was picked in back-to-back drafts. The Giants chose cornerback Corey Ballentine in the sixth round in 2019.